HybridZ

s-15 jdm sylvia r200 helical gear lsd

randy 77zt

1 of the perts guys at work is into 240sx/sylvia's .after work surfing ebay found a lsd for r200 out of late model sylvia.so i bought it but its not hear yet.have to send money tommorrow.its a bare diff center section only -not the housing.supposed to be a helical gear unit like a gleason-torson.so it wont need special oil or friction modifier.does any body in central ca have a r200 out of car to test install this into?i have stub axles-just need a r200.

I have a friend that has bought one of those for his 240sx. I think he was wondering what side stubs would go into it as his 240 sides don't. The 240sx uses the same diff as a Z32 if I am not mistaken, which has diffrent side stubs from a R200 from a Z30-Z31. The size and spline count are the same between the Z30-1 and Z32 it is the shaft length that is diffrent. So it would be my guess that the Zcar sides don't go in. It is just a guess but a slightly educated one. Be careful.

Don

I do not know if the diff will fit into a 240z R200, but can give you some info on the stub axles for use in a 240sx R200 case.

The stub axles will need to be 31mm OD, 30 spline to fit the S15 helical diff. I can attest that the Z32 R200 shafts will not fit (30 mm, 29 spline).

Nissan part numbers for the R200 S15 helical diff stub axles are 382204P110 and 382204P111 I believe. They are not stocked in the US even at NISMO USA, but they can be specially ordered. NISMO USA requires that you place a special order (for that matter even in stock items) thru a dealer (recommend Courtesy Nissan). Your local dealer may baulk as the number is not a valid number in their computer. I haven't ordered a set myself but will be soon.

Hope this helps

The R200 viscous R200 of the S32 Z's used the same size and spline count as the R200's of the S30 and S32 z's. The diffrence is the length of the shafts as they have to reach to a diffrent area in the viscous carrier to engage the viscous clutch on one side and the side gear (don't know the proper name) in the carrier.

I have both carriers and shafts and have played around with them.

Don