HybridZ

Can anyone recommend a good machine shop in/near Portland, OR?

h4nsm0l3m4n

I've noticed quite a few people on this forum are from the Portland area, so I thought I'd give this a try.

I've recently moved back to portland from corvallis for the spring/summer to work. Over the last 6 months in school I've bought a couple boxes worth of various parts for my Z.

I was hoping that someone could recommend me a good machine shop whose services I might need to use over the course of my various projects. I would primarily use the machine shop for "small" jobs such as pressing off my spindle pins, or my hub-siezed brake drums. Other services might be used eventually as well but just in general they should be a good place to turn for help if something isnt going well. I'm not as worried about how much they charge as long as they do good work and are honest to deal with. I tend to be one not to question people openly and its cost me several times, I dont want to have to question these guys.

I live near PCC Sylvania (SW Portland, near Tigard) so the closer it is to the better. Any help I recieve will be greatly appreciated!

we (NorthWestZ) meet right there on baurber for our monthly meetings. and Im down in that same area a few times a month at least and down at PIR alot.

sorry, not really an answer to your question, but always good to have more local Z folks :cheers:

there is one in the area, I just cant remember the name. someone will chime in soon enough tho lol.

Dan Halls Six Point Automotive is the only place I will have my machine work done. I have used him for 35 years.

He has done all the work on my race engines and they always run well. He is on NW Alberta or Killingsworth. I don't remember at the moment.

Mongo

Haha thats crazy, I live almost right off barbur. I test drive my z all around that area almost every day (unless its on stands lol). Maybe Ill see some of you guys around :)

Mongo, I found Dan Hall's I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip. Any others with recomendations?

I live less than a mile from you! (30th and Barbur)

I can't remember his name right now, but there is a guy that Kurzals and I use that has a shop right off Cameron (near Beaverton-Hillsdale highway) that does super-good work too. Mostly V-8 stuff though, but he has a flow bench, all that stuff...

If you want head work done, I'd recommend Paul Ruschman in Sandy, OR. Ron Tyler is really knowledgeable in engine management stuff too.

If you're doing simple stuff, like pressing out this or that, drilling and tapping, then any Napa can do it.

Come to our next Northwestz meeting!

-hughdogz