HybridZ

Potentially dumb question about dizzys

Iowa280zx

Alrighty...

I'm super frustrated with my car and can't find parts for it so i'm looking into something that may or may not work.

I have a 83 280zx with a 81 turbo motor in it. Everything is hooked up, bolted down and good to go... I'm not getting spark, assume it's the cas and can't find one to replace it.

My 83 n/a dizzy seems to have the ig module / cas all inside, will bolt to my housing and fits perfectly.

Is it possible to use the old dizzy from the n/a to get a crank signal and get spark or is it a futile effort and I should just hit myself with it for even thinking such things.

thanks!

How is the computer going to pull timing under boost? I don't know how the stock zxt computer does it, but the way you have it hooked up I bet it'll just be running in the mid 30 degree range regardless of boost...no bueno.

if the engine is running which it seems to be from your post then the cas is working and sending the fire signal to coil and thus to the dizzy. The 81 dizzy is the simplest thing imaginable so any dizzy with a rotor to the correct wires ought to work. and a wire from the coil to the dizzy of course.

I finally got all of the original turbo stuff installed and got it fired up.

The car runs pretty well despite being a smidge loud since i haven't got the exhaust done yet. My only issue is that the car absolutely refuses to exceed 4 lbs of boost. I have a mbc hooked up to the turbo / wastegate and have 0 progress with this situation.

Any of you have an idea what could do this? My first thought are a faulty pov or my wastegate needs replaced. Past that who knows... i'm going to switch the mbc's line from the turbo to the intake and see if that changes anything.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.