HybridZ

Wilwood, Outlaw, US Brake, ect

What is the best readily available non radially mounted caliper available? I've been having trouble picking out a caliper, as they all seem equally capable. I don't mind spending a little more to get a caliper that will perform better. Just trying to sort through the marketing to figure out what will actually work the best.

I've been looking at:

Wilwood Forged Billet Superlite

Outlaw 4000's

Us Brake F88i's.

Are there any options for 3.5" mount spacing from Alcon, Ap, Brembo, ect?

Justin

You hit the nail.

Alcon, AP, Brembo, Project Mu, StopTech, K-sport,D2, and all other HUGE caliper/rotor combos are mostly radial mounted, and for bling bling cars..

Yeah, they look nice, but a wilwood caliper at 4lb's will function well, and not add a bunch of unsprung weight. Not to mention the huge price with big brake kits.

I ran Outlaw 2800s on my racing 240Z and won NASA's OTC Unlimited 3 two years in a row. Then I sold the complete brake setup to another 240Z racer who went on to win VARA's CP3 championship with the same brake setup. Lighter then the Wilwoods especially with 11.5 x .81" vented Coleman front rotors and 11" solid rear Brembo rotors.

I ran Outlaw 2800s on my racing 240Z and won NASA's OTC Unlimited 3 two years in a row. Then I sold the complete brake setup to another 240Z racer who went on to win VARA's CP3 championship with the same brake setup. Lighter then the Wilwoods especially with 11.5 x .81" vented Coleman front rotors and 11" solid rear Brembo rotors.

John do you have pictures of the ducting you used to cool the brakes on your old 240z race car?

Sounds like most overdo the brakes in all the wrong parts of the system.

hey john I just took the easy way & bougt anthor 240 z Mine has major rust issues anyway came with a 355 & 5 speed built & installed ,,yep fast..what brakes would you recomed just street drining,, thinking of 16 or 17 inch rims,, rear disk,, getting rid of the drums ,,think it has toyota front disks thanks Mike in naples