HybridZ

Edis coilpack in a coil per cyl setup????

I believe you cna wire the edis pack for a simple wasted spark setup as edis is a wasted spark setup, you just have to isolate your 3 trigger wires and then route your plug wires accordingly, read though the posts in the megasquirt section for clarity ont he edis pack wiring

I don't want it wired in the traditional fashion. I want to use one coil per cyl, as in coil per plug. What I wanted to know is how I wire the other plug output (the other end of the coil). I've since figured it out and will be testing it soon.

I understood the question, I guess you didn't understand the answer, the edis coil pack is wires up like 3 duel post packs, so you woudl wire them just as you would wire up 3 dual post coils on a multiple coiwasted spark setup, whatever means you woud use to fire you multiple coils should work fine you just wire into the edis pack as if you are wiring 3 dueal post coils, there are threads int he megasquirt section that detail which wire going into the pack does what so you cna wire it up, I'm just no sure how you coudl fire multiple coils without the aide of megasquirt or similar, to alternate signal between the 3 cspark channels

That's not what he's asking. He wants to use two full packs (making 6 dual post coils, for a total of 12 posts) and ground one end of each.

I would be worried about burning out the coils (if that's possible from the spark plug end) because now each coil only would have half the load on it. If they can handle that you shouldn't have a problem.

That's not what he's asking. He wants to use two full packs (making 6 dual post coils, for a total of 12 posts) and ground one end of each.

I would be worried about burning out the coils (if that's possible from the spark plug end) because now each coil only would have half the load on it. If they can handle that you shouldn't have a problem.

BINGO!!!! I don't think lack of load will be a problem but who knows. I'll try it and see what happens.

why would you want 12 posts if you only need 6? you would be running twice as many parts for no reason? are you wanting to dow COP? like say get 6 individual cop's form say a gm LS engine? or did I miss the part about running a V12?