HybridZ

Insurance for your Z

MaximumHP

What do most of you have for insurance on your Z. I plan to put mine on the road this summer, so have started looking around. My options appear to be:

1.) Normal insurance through typical company. I can have the vehicle appraised to determine value (not necessarily agreed upon)

2.) Use collector car insurance with an agreed value, but have some limitations, and modifications get a little fuzzy then for coverage.

3.) sport/hobby car insurance, which is pretty much like collector car, but more tailored towards hobbyist cars and corvettes and stuff that don't fall under collectable (typically due to age), but are still limited use, mostly cars for enjoyment rather than transportation.

Not that it will ever compare with a Hemi Road Runner or anything, but there is some value in the difficulty in finding a series 1 complete in good condition. For example, what if someone breaks into my series 1 and ruins my dash trying to steal the radio, or someone just bumps into me ruining both bumpers, or hatch glass gets broken etc. Even though the car as a whole isn't worth that much, parts of it are.

The other side of the coin is modifications. What if it gets totaled with a LS1 and 6 speed in there. Do you get coverage for the extra replacement costs? There's also the racing aspect as well, which most don't cover I know.

Anyway, just some thoughts running through my head. What are your experiences or suggestions?

I have Hagerty. 5K Limit per year. Supposed to drive to and from events or weekend type stuff only. No work, no mall shopping, etc., but for $125 a year you can't beat it.

I don't daily drive mine so no big deal.