HybridZ

LS1/T56 help...need advice!

Hey there. I am new to this swap for my early '71 240Z, but I have been doing my research.

I have a chance to buy some parts, etc. from someone locally, and here's what he has available:

-99 LS1 motor, coil packs, accessory brackets, alternator

-98 ECM w/complete harness

-95 LT1 Borg Warner T-56

-LS1 T-56 input shaft, front plate, throw out bearing/slave cyl. assy, and clutch

-McLeod LS1 bellhousing

-Willwood master cylinder (not sure if it will work for the Z)

My question is will I be able to use these parts for the swap? I think I have everything to mate the tranny to the LS1 block. Just wondering if everything will line up properly when using the John's Cars mount kit for the LS1.

He was planning on dropping this in his RX7, but has since run out of cash. I can pick all this up for a great price, but I don't really want to get all of it, then realize I need to spend another 1500 on stupid parts here and there (on top of the price of the mounts, rad, etc.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

Sorry, should have clarified that he doesn't have the stock LS1 bellhousing, just the McLeod one.

I figured I might sell it and look for a stock one, maybe make a few bucks, or a trade plus cash or something to help offset the cost of everything, that is, if I end up buying it all from him.

He is throwing in a few gauges, i would need to buy the Autometer speedo and rev counter. Starter is included.

As for the fuel pump, i will need to find one still, along with the fuel cell/sending unit setup from Summit Racing.

The motor was running in a car, before it was pulled. He told me that when he bought it, he checked the compression and all 8 cylinders were very close to each other, and the compression numbers, though he can't remember exactly what they were, he said that when he researched them that they were normal for that motor.

Yeah i can get everything listed for $1500 US. Not too bad of a deal.

For the price of a full LS1 dropout, I can grab this stuff up and have lots of cash leftover for the fuel cell, gauges, differential, etc.

Just want to make sure that it can be used together before i scoop it off of him.