HybridZ

WTB Rotisserie in SoCal

Nelsonian

I have come to the conclusion that I am in need of a rotisserie to progress on my 240 rebuild and am looking for a good used one to buy or possibly rent. I am located in San Diego and am inviting anyone from LA areas on down, let me know what you have available. If I can not find a good used one I believe I will just pull the trigger on a new one from carotator.com, use it, then see if anyone here would be interested in buying it from me when my build is finished. As for just building my own, I am disadvantaged by a lack of a welder,welding skills or the time to gather and build a rotisserie. Thanks in advance Chris (619)318-1437

• 2 weeks later...

I built mine out of 4x4 & plywood and HDepot supplies. It worked beautifully for my one project. I did weld the front and rear supports out of 1x1 square tube I got free. The whole thing was about $40.00, and you can have someone (i.e. muffler shop or auto shop) do the welds for you for a few bucks.

I slapped some $4.00 HFreight wheels and was able to roll in/out of the garage.

I had the 240 on it for about 2 months: power washed, sandblasted, repaired some small rust and replaced the floor rails and door sills, undercoated it and painted the engine bay. I should have painted the complete car on it!, anyway plenty of RPD (revolutions per day LOL!) without any problems.

DSC05764-1.jpg

DSC05765-1.jpg