HybridZ

Megasquirt MSnS....version?

jacob80

Hey guys, we're about to drop in our L28ET and I have a couple question. We are going to be using MSnS Extra to control fuel and spark. My first question is, what is the 029y4? Isn't that the latest MSnS version? I'm reading mobythevan's writeup and it tell's me to download 3.0? I went to the yahoo user group and there seems to be a 3.01, so if someone could guide me in the right direction on that, that would be great. My next question, do we use the FIDLE (Fast idle) on the board to control spark like mobythevan says or should we follow what the DIYAutoTune write up says and use "D14"? Thanks!

Ok, so in the mobythevan's writeup states this:

"First, go to the megasquirtnspark yahoo user group and then to the files section. Download the MSS V3.0 code."

This is only if you're using the GM HEI module? Should I just follow the below write up exactly?:

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/how_to_megasquirt_your_280zx_turbo.htm

Where can I find 029y4?? Is Megatune 2.25 the current version of megatune?

OK, I updated the sticky a little. Removing references to the MSS code and only talking about MSnS_Extra029y4. I also removed the old yahoo MSS links and updated the part about downloaded code since it didn't apply anymore. Man that write up is old, 2003, holy cow :shock:

Ok well I think I've got it down, but the only thing that, since your writeup is so old, it tells me:

"For now, continue to refer to Mobythevan's documentation for MegaTune configuration of the MSnS-E firmware."

What configuration am I referring to? Is he talking about maps I could use? I'm confused here.

Ok so here's our setup:

Rebuilt L28ET

Improved Valve Stem Seals (Mazda ones)

Stock T3 Turbo

Bosch 440cc low impedence injectors

Front mount intercooler

Fidanza Flywheel

Performance Products front pulley

Stock boost (for break in purposes)

MSA Down-pipe

MS1 v3.0 controlling fuel and spark

Innovate LC-1 wideband

Pallnet fuel rail

240sx throttle body with spacer

Kameari performance oil pump

Stock Rebuilt 73 4 speed

Stock R180

MSD Blaster 2 coil

I list this because as I understand, "maps" are complete settings for megasquirt, is this correct? Does anyone have a map similar to this setup I could use controlling fuel and spark?

that first link might help out with my problem of getting my fancy new company laptop to work with my antique 021s code on my ms.seems version 3 of megatune doesnt list that old code in the configurator.problem with ms-it seems like you have to be a computor it guy or at be able to use windows for more than web surfing.i have 10 thumbs on a computor-and an invisible force field that destroys every 1 i get onto.

Ok so here's our setup:

Rebuilt L28ET

Improved Valve Stem Seals (Mazda ones)

Stock T3 Turbo

Bosch 440cc low impedence injectors

Front mount intercooler

Fidanza Flywheel

Performance Products front pulley

Stock boost (for break in purposes)

MSA Down-pipe

MS1 v3.0 controlling fuel and spark

Innovate LC-1 wideband

Pallnet fuel rail

240sx throttle body with spacer

Kameari performance oil pump

Stock Rebuilt 73 4 speed

Stock R180

MSD Blaster 2 coil

Not to sound like a prick,

but since you have a wideband, you with a mate and a laptop could tune this mostly by your selves, well at least get it in the ball park.

Nigel

Really? I didn't know, what about the initial values and everything? Injector pulse width? Etc etc, how do I know where to start?

With some research,

when I did mine, I spent many hours looking through the " MegaSquirt Map Information Sharing (all code versions)" sticky, http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=99689 (from this I got things like RPM / KPa ranges, Datsun temp sensor ohm ranges, these sort of things)

and the MS Manual, http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/mtune.htm

the manual explains almost everything.

For me it was a huge learning curve, there was no one local to ask question, except hybridz and another forum,

I built my unit, connected it to the stimulator, and my PC and spent many hours going though each step of the MS Manual, and entering the data into megatune, If I weren't sure of something, Google is your friend.

I found that with the stimulator it made things more clearly on how it all worked, and how the different bits fitted together, like engine warm up.

Also for me I didn't fit this to the car till I was happy that I had set up my unit as best I could.

As for your question "Injector pulse width" with "Bosch 440cc low impedence injectors", to be hounest I don't know the answer, for me I used the original injectors and the resistor pack that was already fitted, this made setting up injectors easier. (see picture, this data was from the MS Manual)

If nothing else, read the MS Manual, http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/mtune.htm

I'm no expert, but the more you fiddle and play, the easier it will get for you.

Nigel

13128_thumb.attach