HybridZ

The HID/Projector thread

LowCarbZ

I thought with all the recent chit chat on various threads about projector installs and the like we might as well have one thread rather than hi-jack others' threads. So I think it's good to try and keep most of the discussions in one place (and I get the impression almost everyone else feels the same way on Hybridz).

*if there is already a thread for this I apologize, I did search.

Anyway, post up some Q and A's in this thread for projectors/HID's. There seem to be a lot of very knowledgeable people here at HBZ.

My Question:

To the best of my knowledge the 7" Housings are the same for Z's as they are for Jeep CJ's/TJ's.

I found this set on E-bay and i'm just curious if they'd work and maybe prevent the need to get generic housings and cut them up. They're pretty cheap too at $20 and the shipping isn't ridiculous. I know ideally you'd have to seperate them and paint the reflective surface. Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/7-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHT-1997-98-99-01-JEEP-WRANGLER_W0QQitemZ170295732142QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item170295732142&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

HLX-U7DCCXXH4-P-H.gif

^ Good Idea, I think it'd be great if we all posted any thread links pertaining to this in the thread.

And After I got looking at the picture I realised they're not intended to house a real projector, rather they're meant to spread the beam of an H4 bulb in a simulated "projector" manner.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought with all the recent chit chat on various threads about projector installs and the like we might as well have one thread rather than hi-jack others' threads. So I think it's good to try and keep most of the discussions in one place (and I get the impression almost everyone else feels the same way on Hybridz).

*if there is already a thread for this I apologize, I did search.

Anyway, post up some Q and A's in this thread for projectors/HID's. There seem to be a lot of very knowledgeable people here at HBZ.

My Question:

To the best of my knowledge the 7" Housings are the same for Z's as they are for Jeep CJ's/TJ's.

I found this set on E-bay and i'm just curious if they'd work and maybe prevent the need to get generic housings and cut them up. They're pretty cheap too at $20 and the shipping isn't ridiculous. I know ideally you'd have to seperate them and paint the reflective surface. Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/7-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHT-1997-98-99-01-JEEP-WRANGLER_W0QQitemZ170295732142QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item170295732142&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

HLX-U7DCCXXH4-P-H.gif

I don't think anyone answered your question yet but yes the 7" round housings are the same as the Jeeps.

Some of you might not have seen the vendor thread but just to throw it out there, I sell plug and play true hid 7" projectors for $340. I've seen some pretty good retrofits out there but some guys are concerned with inspections so my kit is DOT approved and comes with a 1 year warranty.

Whatever route you choose, you want to get an HID wire harness that taps off your battery and doesn't solely rely on your headlight harness. (but I would upgrade the headlight harness regardless).

post-1991-021742000 1285184031_thumb.jpg

post-1991-067190000 1285184044_thumb.jpg

Edited by bens1088