HybridZ

R200 Fluid Capacity?

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by Greimann:

The theoretical capacity of an R200 is 2.75 pints.

You have that exactly right. After putting in the recommended 2.75 pints I've been trying to figure out how much comes out the vent, each time I drive it. I guess the rear bushings will be well lubed for some unknown date in the future. :rolleyes: I guess I should have figured on the extra mass of the phantom grip in determining the actual amount of lube, but I didn't think it would be that much of a difference. bonk.gif

I have had the same problem with my fill plug on my 75. I dropped the rear end and worked on it with an impact wrench and various other tools but the sucker would not budge.

I have ordered a new cover and plugs from Courtesy Nissan in Texas. When it gets here then I can be a little more reckless with the thing and maybe just maybe get it off of there. Then I may sell the rear cover on ebay.

When my new stuff arrives I will be putting a little anti seize on those suckers before they go in!

you need to get the fill plug out that is the only way to make sure you get enough or not too much fluid in there.

I might be wrong but you may be able to squirt fluid thru the side via the axle hole.

Is it stripped or what? If it is i would remove the cover and get it fixed. Its a PITA but iwll ensure you have the right amount of fluid

Guest Anonymous

Just replaceing a burnt up one it came out of the same car about a year and a half ago. It is in fine shape with the cover intalled waiting to go in, the fill plug has a small amount of damage to it but when I go to take it off the wrench feels as if its about to keep on goin without the fill plug moving. But here goes some more tuggin