HybridZ

Help loading firmware

DRZ man

Hi all, I finally got megasquirt install in my car, but Im having some problems loading the firmware, this is what I have try all ports, different wires as a boot loader, different software from different sites.

Im using windows vista with DIYautotune USB and adapter, the board is green 2.2.

The set up is l28et, holset turbo with stock injectors( just to get it started), 420cc mercedez injectors low imp.

I bought the complete kit from a member brand new and the instructions for wiring say v3.0 for some reason, so I wire everything like the instructions say, please help me figure out this problem, I know Im pretty close Im just not there yet, thanks.

Is megasquirt lit up? It is has to have power from 12v

Is the usb adaptor configured right I remember I had to do something like set the buffer . From the device manager just after installing the drivers properly.

There is a program there to test if you have communication.

also there is a great page on communication issues. its really informative its on megatune.info in troubleshooting.

Also you need to say what step your exactly having trouble with

are you using the proper boot loader program there is one for ms 1 and ms 2 I believe. If your sayin the board saying 2.2 and your using wiring for 3.0 you need to check if thats ok before even loading firmware.

You need to follow the steps in the manual for configuring the COM port to the correct baud rate depending on MSI or MSII is installed.. Also use the settings for connection problems with low performance.

And add some details in your next post ;)

[attach]13264[/attach]

[attach]13265[/attach]

Looking at the 2 pictures, the top one (checker), says Com3 is ok,

the bottom picture (loader), says Com1 is invalid,

looks like you need to tell the loader to use Com3 and not Com1

Nigel