HybridZ

Order of assembly

I am about to start assembling my project, a completely stripped/blasted/rotisseried/repainted 240. I have never completely assembled the interior/dashboard/console assembly before. What is the easiest order of assembly...heater boxes, fans, dashboard, wiring, ducts, pedals etc etc? It looks to me like I may be able to put the heater box and control console and control cables together as one assembly and put it in all at once rather than trying to hook up the cables after I put it in. Is this true? I'm going to try to do a lot of this work while the car is still on the rotisserie; with the car turned 3/4 of the way over and the doors off you can just stand on the ground and work deep in the footwells at eye level. I figure it's the best time to hook up the pedals, brake booster, and clutch master, too. But is there any best order to do this work?

You'll not get the heater control cables attached and then install the dash. The cables are too short. It's like peeling an onion only backwards. Get the pedal assembly installed. Bolt in the heater assembly and hook up coolant/refrigerant lines. Add the fan assembly. Get all the bits and pieces (relays, etc.) installed in the footwells. Install the dash. Connect the vent hoses. Get the wiring connections done except the heater control/console/fuse panel/steering column. Install the center console/fuse block/lighter. Fit the heater control panel routing cables to either side. Connect cables to heater box. plug in fan switch and screw in control panel. Install steering column/connect electrics. Attach vent controls to dash. I think that is about it. Anyone else want to comment?