HybridZ

Another Socal LSX Datsun on the Road

Rims= 17x8.5 Rota RB-R

Tires= Continental 235/45/17s (stock A4 tires)

yup...Stock 280Z suspension

That's cool, I have silver Sportmax 002's 16x8's with 245/50/16 (stock 4th Gen F-Body V8 tires).

I asked about the stock 280z suspension because mine sits at least 3" higher in the rear compared to yours. Plus my LSx has an iron block vs aluminum. The only thing I've done in the way of weight reduction in the rear is cut out the stock spare tire well and replaced it with a piece of 10 gauge mild steel (running a '02 Camaro gas tank), but I can't imagine it shaved more than 10 lbs total.

yeah mine weighs very near 50/50. With very little gas in the tank it came in at 2530lbs. (1290lbs Front and 1280lbs Rear) With me in it, it becomes a about 40lbs ass heavy. I'll be taking the full size battery out of the trunk area tho and likely going to an Odysey PC680 in or near the stock location to help alleviate that.

true...I'll be lowering it soon and I take it through the Santa Monica mountains pretty regularly. Also plan to go to Willow Springs so I'd like to get it as ideal as possible.

haha side note...i was on youtube just now and happened to see this...

thought I'd share...lol

• 3 months later...
what strut/spring you using?

I literally just walked in from finishing up the front install for my coilovers and AZC Wilwood kit. I'm using the stock strut housing(modified a bit), 10"x2.5" eibach coil over springs(225 in/lbs front and 250 in/lbs rear), and Tokico blues for now.

damn, this thread is motivating me to find a LSx soon to swap in

git er dun!:mrgreen:

I literally just walked in from finishing up the front install for my coilovers and AZC Wilwood kit. I'm using the stock strut housing(modified a bit), 10"x2.5" eibach coil over springs(225 in/lbs front and 250 in/lbs rear), and Tokico blues for now.

How much or little weight transfer do you get now?

I haven't done the rears yet. I am getting the car ready to go to Streets of Willow with a bunch of friends Dec 13th.

As for the weight tranfer, I figure if I want to have that crazy squat for some drag racing I can purchase some 100-150 in/lbs rear springs to help out :-) or I also have another set of stock struts lying around which could be swapped in if I felt so inclined.

I haven't done the rears yet. I am getting the car ready to go to Streets of Willow with a bunch of friends Dec 13th.

As for the weight tranfer, I figure if I want to have that crazy squat for some drag racing I can purchase some 100-150 in/lbs rear springs to help out :-) or I also have another set of stock struts lying around which could be swapped in if I felt so inclined.

In my experence, you don't want lots of squat in the rear for drag racing. You want the front to rise, but you want that weight transfer to firmly plant the rear tires instead of the rear suspension 'soaking' it all up'.

How much is it to run at Willow Springs for the event you are attending? Although I won't be running my car, I have a few friends that might be interested.

Planning on turbo'ing my LQ4 this winter. Be prepared for some more of the sicknastiness thats already in this thread.

I considered doing the same to my LQ4 before I actually got it running, but after driving it.....

I have enough traction issues now. I think a turbo (or any other power adder) wouldn't help the situation.

Good luck with the conversion though.

1wicked260z, What kind of electric fan is that on the radiator? Is it a taurus two speed or something else? Awesome cars!!! Alan
Its a regular spal type fan...definitely not a taurus fan which would have a good size shroud.

Planning on turbo'ing my LQ4 this winter. Be prepared for some more of the sicknastiness thats already in this thread.
damn...the ride looks sick in your sig pic those look like Rota RBs or RB-Rs...17x9s?

In my experence, you don't want lots of squat in the rear for drag racing. You want the front to rise, but you want that weight transfer to firmly plant the rear tires instead of the rear suspension 'soaking' it all up'.

How much is it to run at Willow Springs for the event you are attending? Although I won't be running my car, I have a few friends that might be interested.

ahh good to know...Streets of Willow is $130 for a day or you can run sat and sun for $230...either way, spendy IMO

http://www.speedtrialusa.com/index1.html

I considered doing the same to my LQ4 before I actually got it running, but after driving it.....

I have enough traction issues now. I think a turbo (or any other power adder) wouldn't help the situation.

Good luck with the conversion though.

I got used to the stock motor pretty quick, then put a cam in and after awhile, again got used to it, then put heads and a way better tune on it, now I am used to it again :)

Only problem is that I have never hooked at the track, so I am doing a full out suspension - Q45 rear - cage - turbo setup. My only goal for next summer or fall is that I want to yank a tire off the 2 step. :flamedevi