HybridZ

So thats what happens when animals Die under the Battery Tray

RUZN

So its seems that something turned to shall we say Ash/Rust.

I Was going to start the car up and see if the 300zxt ECU swap worked when I looked a little closer at my rusty Battery Tray, (all I wanted to do was clean up the ground... *sigh* lol )

Soooo.. Bat tray totally toast. there was about 15% left. Under it was a Mass of Rust some type of furry thing that literally turned to Rusty/Dust, along with a battery hole cover and someones old wrench!! =-) almost disintagrated to....

so I figured I'd chop the bat tray out and see the damage....

well now I can see into my interior.. =-) who needs A/C!! and I can see my Wheel =-) so Now If I sit in the passenger seat I can not only make sure the engine is running, the tire isnt flat, and the battery is still there.. But I can cool myself off =-).... Welp thnx Mr. Squirrel, your rotting body and old Battery acid has made me have to Fab up a New Firewall section and Bat tray for the next 4 hours LOL

Made a New Tray 12x12" fits my bat juuust right after the edges where banged up shaving 2" soo also put some sheet metal to the firewall rust hole I cut out. Now to get the wheel well looking normal again...

So I fired her up after the 300zxt ECU conversion.. sound slike vacuum leak somewhere not usre if its just the sound of the air going in the air filter to turbo though. Cause after playing with the Idle Screw ( uhm what I now call my idle screw LOL *small allen key screw with 10mm nut on it at TB) it idles just fine. See I wonder if its a Vacuum leak because its ot liek a normal Vac leak.. It would die on me instead of running in high rev .. so kinda thinking its just air sound going into turbo Cause liek I said after I adjusted throttle plate it ideles just fine... Now to set TPS cause I got no go juice past 25% throttle lol

I'm gonna do the opposite and to both sides of my car so I can keep an eye on my tread wear and tire inflation on those long cruises. Just cut out the firewall and fenderwells with a plasma cutter right? I bet I can do it with a can-opener. I'm only playing, lol. As for the finding tools thing, I found a vise-grip in my engine bay when I first got the car. Beat that!!! lol

Oh this could turn into what you found in your car....

So My first Z my 1981 280zx N/A in the back driver fender inbetween the panels I noticed rust forming. When I cut it open I found a Tshirt with Japanese writing!!!. I figure the guy got hot put his shirt down then it was permanently sealed within the two panels!! Causing rust... hey I should give that to Nissan and say hey you owe me a New CAR!!!!