HybridZ

L28et ignitor wiring

skib

It appears to me that the ignitor plug is not part of the 81 engine harness and thats all I have for the car as far as wiring goes.

so my question is how can I wire up the ignitor? I have a "T" plug for it but have no idea where to wire it into :(

every things ready to go and it turns over with no spark so I think this is the last think to check off my list.

Edited by skib
spelling correction

i hate wiring :evil:

ok, so the plug and wiring for the ignitor where MIA on my harness and based of my diagrams the yellow with white stripe goes to the ECU.

problem is that there are two of them coming from tw0 different plugs on the ECU and both go to this little 6 pin plug (located before the firewall still)

which one goes to the ignitor?

the 2 plugs that go into the ECU:

IMG_0007-2.jpg

IMG_0008-3.jpg

and the plug they both go too:

IMG_0005-3.jpg

• 3 months later...

Okay, now I know that 3 of the ignition plug wires have a purpose, the one yellow/white wire going to what I think is the signal lead on the ignitor, the other two being a ground and a 12v switched (not 100% what that means), but what becomes of the other 3 wires? just leave them hanging? Pictures help, but pictures with more convincing angles help even better.

• 2 months later...