HybridZ

7MGE Crank Kit Needed BAD

Warren

Can anybody recommend where to get a decently priced crank kit for a 7MGE. My daughter's 91 Cressida ate the #2 rod bearing. I "may" need a rod also.

Engine is totally disassembled right now, all over my garage, and I REALLY need to get this thing back on the road (kid in college and no transportation until Dear Old Dad fixes it for her).

Warren - I have never heard of a "Crank Kit" for a 7M. You may need to call around and just find a used engine at a dismantler or call a JDM importer. If you do, I always pop-off the oil pan, and replace the crank bearings on a used engine for insurance. BTW...did not realize you had a kid that could drive, I was figured you were in your 20s! :)

Godd luck!

Yasin

Yasin,

They're available. Clicky

The machine shop that I used to deal with could get a crank kit (crank and bearings) for almost anything, but they got bought out by some woman who nobody wanted to work for and closed up. What a shame too, because those guys did phenominal work.

I just thought someone on here would know a good place that they've had success with. The nearest one I can find on the net is in UTAH, of all places...quite a ways from Atlanta. It being Easter weekend, all of the machine shops around here are closed, but come Monday, I'll be searching locally.

I'd rather NOT just get another used engine and put it in as the car is going to be driven by my daughter and I've been down that road before, with very poor results. Those cars are usually in the junk yard for a reason. My luck has been that they were there because of engine issues. I don't want to replace junk with junk.

I bought the car cheap, with a leaking distributor, that was an easy fix, $70 for another distributor from a junkyard (they're not rebuildable). It's been driven for about 1000 miles since then and now this. I knew I'd be going through the motor eventually, but wasn't expecting it to be so quickly.

Turns out, it's SUPER nasty inside, in need of a complete rebuild anyway and it's completely apart right now. The block and head will be tanked this week. Everything else seems to be in order with it.

Me, in my 20's? That seems like it was ages ago, because it was. But I still "Feel" like I'm in my 20's. I'll be 48 on Sept 11th. My daughter will be 19 on August 22nd.

***EDIT***

Just did some more searching:

UPDATE: Found it locally, at a place that I didn't think would have anything remotely close to resembling what I was looking for. They usually don't. (Never even thought of them for it)...

Oreilly

I'll be ordering today.