HybridZ

If this was your Z what would you sell it for???

Long story short, times are hard, I was laid off of work have a house, 3 cars, wife and 9mo old baby boy. That being said Im concidering dropping down to 2 cars which would mean selling one. Im debating if I want to part with my Z or not.

I dont really want to as it is a beautiful car that took me years to build to what it is now. Its also a really low milage car at only just over 45k on the clock, with myself being the 2nd owner. (Original owner bought it new, blew the motor in late 78 and it sat in his garage untill I came along to pick it up in 2002. The last expiring registration date when I picked it up was back in 1984!)

I have tons of money and just as much time into this Z keeping it garaged and out of the elements as much as possible. I drove this pretty often untill I got its current paint job on it in 2005, ever since then its been strictly a show car. Seeing very little road time (at 45k on the clock, it didnt see much road time as is).

If this were your Z what would you sell it for? It has an insured/appraised value of $24,000 through SafeCo Ins as of 2 years ago. Im sure if I had them appraise it again the value will have gone up a bit. I know nothing ever sells for its appraised value though so my question to everyone here is what do you think this is worth?

Its won 4 1st place trophys and has only seen 4 shows!

List of mods of the top of my head:

L28 Block (280z motor)

.40 Bore

With a Built 240z Head (Higher compression)

Chrome Valve Cover

Triple Mikuni Carbs W/ K & N Filters

3-1 Header

Custom True Dual Exhaust (chrome side pipes)

Has a factory four speed

New Alt.

Optima Battery

Moded Suspension (struts springs)

Big Sway Bars

Roll Bar

Center Line Rims

Yokohama ES100 Tires (225/50R15)

IMSA Fender Flares (Front and Rear)

Kaminari Front Air Dam

Vis Roof Scoop

H4 Bulbs and Casings

Clear Headlight Covers

Euro Clear Turn Signals

280z Hood (Vented)

Red and Black Racing Seats (fully adjustable)

RCI Racing Harness' 5pt (only 4pts on)

Racing Wheel, Pedals, Shifter, e-brake Handle

Sony CDX-M3DI In Dash CD Player (custom stereo not pictured)

There Is also All New Carpet

Much Much more done, this is just the things I could spit out off the top of my head.

Paint job alone was a $9000 job (stripped all glass, lights, interior, weatherstripping, wheels etc for the job)

P1050807.jpg

DSCN0577.jpg

DSCN0576.jpg

DSCN0500.jpg

DSCN0497.jpg

DSCN0505.jpg

DSCN0502.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

engine.jpg

JLSHOW2.jpg

JLSHOW3.jpg

jlshow.jpg

Some quick pics of the paint process:

Body Stripped getting prepped

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3620/2301/21548650045_large.jpg

All Glass/lights etc removed and in the paint booth being painted

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3620/2301/21548650004_large.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3620/2301/21548650007_large.jpg

Re-installing motor/interior ect.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3620/2301/21548650050_large.jpg

I saw this on CL up here in Seattle. It looks nice but in my opinion you wont get what you think...... I am thinking around 15,000. But it seems a little over the top with the scoop on the roof??? People all ways try to get as close to what "they" put into a car when a buyer looks at what he needs to change.

Althogh I aboslutly love your bubble fenders where did you get those?

Very nice looking car. Sorry that you are contemplating selling it. Unfortunately I can only offer praise and not appraisal as I am half way around the world.

Good luck though, I hope if you do sell it that it goes to a good home.

On reflection. One question, when shaving the rear end for such a nice paint job, why didn't you fill in the rear quarter panel bumper indents?

I saw this on CL up here in Seattle. It looks nice but in my opinion you wont get what you think...... I am thinking around 15,000. But it seems a little over the top with the scoop on the roof??? People all ways try to get as close to what "they" put into a car when a buyer looks at what he needs to change.

Althogh I aboslutly love your bubble fenders where did you get those?

they are IMSA Fender Flairs.

Im asking everyones opinion because as I stated nothing ever sells for its appraised value. Im not looking to get what I put into the car as that number is way above its insured/appraised value. Im just wondering from the Z community what a realistic number on this would be.

Very nice looking car. Sorry that you are contemplating selling it. Unfortunately I can only offer praise and not appraisal as I am half way around the world.

Good luck though, I hope if you do sell it that it goes to a good home.

On reflection. One question, when shaving the rear end for such a nice paint job, why didn't you fill in the rear quarter panel bumper indents?

I didnt shave the bumper indents because I have been planning on installing bumpers once again I just havent gotten to it. (was going to get either CF or fiber glass bumpers) still have the stock bumpers in the garage somewhere....

Hi, great custom z. The problem with a custom car is finding a buyer who likes what you or someone customized. Most z buyers like and will pay decent prices for rust free stock cars. I hope not to offend you but for a fairly quick sale 8 to 11 grand. Good luck with your sale, it only takes one buyer to void anything I think!