HybridZ

Anyone using the universal Greddy Ti-C?

jknc90

I'm considering using the 60mm Greddy Ti-C universal muffler on when I finish building my engine. The engine will be a flat-top L28 with a shaved E31 with a lopey cam. Does anyone have any videos or sound clips of similar engines using the Greddy muffler or even a similar muffler. I'm just trying to get an idea of what its going to sound like before I buy it.

Thanks

IIRC, that muffler is simply a stainless can with a carbon fibre finishing film riveted to the outside and a "titanium" tip on it. They sound about the same as the regular stainless muffler on the STi and Evo motors I heard comparable systems on. They aren't terribly loud. Now the GReddy Titanium exhaust... I had one of those on my Evo 8 for a while. It was a one piece catback. It was so light I could swing the 7 ft lenght from the flange end like a baseball bat. On my car (race motor) it would thump your chest at idle.

I think you're thinking of the HKS Carbon-Ti. The Greddy piece has no carbon fiber. It is just a titanium tip though, the rest is stainless.

Would the Greddy muffler have a similar sound to the Apexi N1? I've found a few videos of that muffler but can't seem to find any of the Greddy muffler.

I think you're thinking of the HKS Carbon-Ti. The Greddy piece has no carbon fiber. It is just a titanium tip though, the rest is stainless.

Would the Greddy muffler have a similar sound to the Apexi N1? I've found a few videos of that muffler but can't seem to find any of the Greddy muffler.

Ha, I think you're right! Disregard that. I'll go look them up. Are you looking for a moderately quiet exhaust? Borla makes some good stuff and the new XR-1 is getting a lot of good reviews. Mine isn't terribly loud, but I have a Holset muffler on it too.

I want to be able to have a conversation with whoevers riding with me but still hear the engine. And when I really get on it I want it fairly loud, but nothing obnoxious. But when it gets loud I still want it to sound good, not just loud.

I want to be able to have a conversation with whoevers riding with me but still hear the engine. And when I really get on it I want it fairly loud, but nothing obnoxious. But when it gets loud I still want it to sound good, not just loud.

You'd probably want a resonator if you used the XR-1, then. I think you're on the right track; GReddy usually makes nice burbly mufflers. The only one I felt was better on the Subaru's and Evo's was a Blitz, but it was a tad loud. Not bad, though.

Well even though I have been able to find any videos of the GReddy piece, I think I'm gonna go with it. From what you've said it sounds like the TiC is what I'm looking for. I'll post a video when I get to that part of the project.

Thanks for the advice.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

For the price of the Ti-c, I think it would be better to go with a custom one. and go with a 70mm piping it's just the right size, not to big for N/A and still smaller then turbo exhausts. The sound is actually not quite like the N1. The Ti-c DB readings are lower than the n1. oh and we had problems with the tips being stollen. I used to work for greddy, and was actually part of the team that designed the Ti-c. if you want one lmk I can get you a discount. sorry it's such a late reply. if you didnt get it already. haha

Edited by Justyn