HybridZ

So You Think You Can Drive?

johnc

Theres the distinction between "Ive got the car and the car's got me!" Mere mortals lift while crazy folk keep it to the boards during 160+mph wheel spinning/bump steering/ spastic steering input whatever the hell you call it craziness. I was expecting a K-rail pinball session the entire time. You know its nuts when youtube has you crying for your mother.

I know I cant drive and that video proves it. I cant even think that fast let alone make my hands move that fast! I actually laughed out loud at how ridiculous that is. So much for apexes and smooth. Apparently rally style if FAST.

Brute force and huge hp is fast. If that car weren't so loose and didn't have so much bumpsteer it would be fastER. I bet the second yellowbird would be faster in the hands of the same driver. Not to say that the car control display isn't impressive, it is. I don't think it's the fastest way around though. Look at how little drama there is in these other clips of FASTER cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoxlpZjotMI

of course it's not the FASTEST that car could do, but I'm sure with the TIRES it probably had, it was the best that guy could muster. it looked like he was pushing the tires past their limit for almost the entire track.

and don't all those cars you linked have some form of traction control or stability management that help them go faster? the Yellow Bird didn't have those wonderful fancy gizmos

of course it's not the FASTEST that car could do, but I'm sure with the TIRES it probably had, it was the best that guy could muster. it looked like he was pushing the tires past their limit for almost the entire track.

and don't all those cars you linked have some form of traction control or stability management that help them go faster? the Yellow Bird didn't have those wonderful fancy gizmos

What about the second yellowbird video in the first link? That car obviously had the bumpsteer issues dealt with and had a proper alignment and although the guy didn't do an entire flat out lap he did some sections very fast and without all the sliding around. The first yellowbird video is a great example of a driver with huge gonads wrestling a powerful ill-handling car around the ring. It's not a video that shows you how to set your car up to go fast. It's a video that shows you how to go fast despite having an evil handling car. You're right about the videos I've linked to all having traction control. There are plenty if you want to look showing cars without any traction control. I wonder if that 956 had it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M11GOVfA50