HybridZ

You guys might like this

Rode in this car last night. He had it dyno tuned to 706RWHP on E85. The sensation of acceleration is totally different than the T67 turbo setup he was using before. Power hits early and hard, revs a little further then takes another big step in power somewhere along the way. However, it doesn't hit as explosively as the T67 and other large turbos most Supra guys seem to run - it just builds very quickly and relatively linearly. Not having one big spike in power like the big singles produce, you have time to adjust to the fairly linear power increase and the broad powerband so, in some ways, it doesn't feel as fast... which is about what I expected.

It is also much quieter now than when the big single was on there.

As the Woz says: "it is AWESOME."

This might be a stupid question but isnt that going to cause restriction on the first turbo exhaust side?

It's fine.

I can tell you he's running a 3.7 LSD R200 rear end and a R154 Supra transmission with what seem to be about 27" tall tires in the back. I'm exhausted right now so I won't go looking it all up right now.

My educated stab at his speed/RPM... basically a guess at his tire size, knowing they're 275s.

http://www.car-videos.net/tools/speedrpm.asp?Car=Select&Num1=275&Num2=40&Num3=17&AxleRatio=3.7&Ratio1=3.25&Ratio2=1.955&Ratio3=1.31&Ratio4=1.&Ratio5=0.753&Ratio6=&Ratio7=&Redline=7000&Increment=500&B1=Recalculate

1000RPM - 19.9mph

2000RPM - 39.8mph

3000RPM - 59.7mph

4000RPM - 79.6mph

5000RPM - 99.6mph

6000RPM - 119.5mph

7000RPM - 139.4mph

Anyone else notice the discrepency in the torque printed and the actual chart? Maybe the smoothing factor messed that up, but it still prints the peak spike in torque?

I was wondering about that myself. You can see it spike at the end, but that's really weird.

EDIT: Talked to him last night about it. There is a spike at the end of the torque curve when it hits the rev limiter. He's not really sure why it does that, but he does get that peak torque number out of it!