HybridZ

Finally got the Z some fresh air

streeteg

I am not sure how well known this car is on the forums, but I got into Z's about 2 years ago when I found an RB swapped Z in Georgia formerally known as "sixgun". (mostly because it had a giant sticker across the back saying sixgun) In retrospect it probably wasnt the best decision in the world to paypal someone I didnt know 500 bucks to hold the car and carry the rest in cash in my pocket as I flew 6 states away to pick up a drive back a car that I knew nothing about. You can only imagine the look on my face as I had a 14 hour drive of all open dumppipe ahead of me. As fate would have it, everything ended up fine, but here is a preview of what the car looked like when I got it:

Z1.jpg

The car had horribly offset wheels (16x7 panasports) that made it about 2 weeks before losing traction made me lose my mind. I sold them for some 17x9 sportmaxes which were also horribly offset even with a 2" hub adapter to fit them to the body. They were a great holdover wheel and with the right camera angle I still think looked sexy. I am a fan of big wheels for sure, but the offset was so terrible.

As for the interior well-- that was another story---

olddash.jpg

As you can see, it had more stickers then a nascar, stock seats, no heat, no radio, no blinkers, and the only guages that worked were the water temp and oil pressure. And no i cant explain the doughboy or the Tivo sticker--- I havent a clue why they were there. And for those of you who see that giant clump of wires on the passenger side--- well yes that is still an issue to deal with. My next major project will be making a custom, clean harness for the car. As for now, I can figure it out, but if you didnt have a lot of patience then forget it--- you would lose your mind figuring this thing out....

Regardless of everything about it, it still came with this:

rb.jpg

Which is the entire reason I bought it. Still a huge project... especially due to the fact that the entire front end was molded... Everything had to go in from the bay. Such a PIA. But I grew some balls and got a rotozip and went to work. below is the "finished product". Well for the most part. Since then I have added a catch can, and some other goodies. Import tuner wanted me to change the couplers before getting shot for an issue so thats on the list too-- Most of us who =own these cars know that thye can never be finished. I still have a LOT to do.... but I was able to take it out for a cruise this past week and it was AWESOME. After an entire winter you start to get unmotivated, but one drive and I am back to trying to make it amazing....

bay.JPG

new.JPG

And for the cruise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq1iJP6DK4I&feature=channel_page

Thanks for looking... Youll notice that I am not revving it out all the way--- mostly because I am untuned, but the power FC on the dash isnt just for show--- Just need an alternator and some camber to stop rubbing in the rear...

Thanks,

-Eric