HybridZ

Porting methods for the L28et Intake

B00STDZ

Im looking at getting my intake(n42 on l28et) ported and I was wondering which method would recieve the best results...

I've heard of a method of some type of special "clay" being shot through the intake to smooth off the inperfections inside the intake.

Then theres the basic job the die grinder.

Some people I have talked to have said it is better to leave the intake "rough" for something for the air to "grab" to maximise the air/fuel mixture.

I have porting the intake opening to 60mm with a die grinder as of now. Some people commented about not being able to fully port the intake to 60mm? I had no problem. Ported it 60mm straight through with no tapering.

Tell me some setups you guys have used and the results it achieved...

Im looking at getting my intake(n42 on l28et) ported and I was wondering which method would recieve the best results...

I've heard of a method of some type of special "clay" being shot through the intake to smooth off the inperfections inside the intake.

Then theres the basic job the die grinder.

Some people I have talked to have said it is better to leave the intake "rough" for something for the air to "grab" to maximise the air/fuel mixture.

I have porting the intake opening to 60mm with a die grinder as of now. Some people commented about not being able to fully port the intake to 60mm? I had no problem. Ported it 60mm straight through with no tapering.

Tell me some setups you guys have used and the results it achieved...

Extrude hone is the process you are referring to. A special medium is forced through the manifold to remove roughness and improve airflow.

An EFI manifold like the one you have is an air only design. Fuel is added at the head/manifold junction by the direct port injectors. A wet manifold, such as one that uses a carburettor may benefit somewhat by keeping the manifold interior 'rough'