HybridZ

Ls2 average price

What is the average price range i should be looking at for a 2006 pontiac gto motor and 6 speed tranny with computer. Is the best route to find a salvage car. ebay looks expensive. how have u guys found most of your complete engines

f parts on ebay is a good source... they'll range from 6000-8000 for a complete takeout. i'm looking for one myself. every now and then one will pop up for 5500 or so if you look hard enough.... i'm looking for one w/ damaged heads or intake that i can get cheap since i'm using l92 heads and a fast 92 intake/tb

Usually from $5500-$6500 on eBay all day long. I found an add on craigslist that was over in TN that had a complete 20k miles ls2/t56 pullout - almost everything included except the wiring harness - for $3600! I posted the pictures of it on this website to make sure it was indeed an LS2, but since it was Easter weekend I went home to visit the family instead of drive up there to pick up the engine *sigh*. Needless to say, someone else (locally I'm sure) beat me to the punch. Sometimes I question my judgement, because I doubt I'll find a deal like that again.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=140207

Heres a link I posted on how to buy a LS3 cheap from a dealer. I think the price went up from 6200 to 6500 but still killer deal considering ls3 heads flow better than most aftermarket cnc ported ls6 stuff. Can also do the same thing on the ls3 wiring harnes/computer from GM. Think I got mine for 600ish bucks when it lists at almost a grand. Its the same engine that comes in the 2008 vette except it has a hotter cam. Just 20 HP shy of a LS7.

OMG! I would have bought that in a heart beat! I would've sent a deposit just to make sure of it!!!

Yeah, but since the price was so cheap I questioned the legitimacy of it and didn't feel comfortable sending a stranger a few hundred dollars to hold on to it for me. Plus he didn't have Paypal, so that made it more difficult. Nevertheless, it sold almost immediately.