HybridZ

Engine upgrade, fuel pipe recommendation needed

93anthracite

I really appreciate any help you guys can provide on this stage in my fuel system buildup on my 73 240z. I am building the car for road racing and at this stage am replacing all of the hard lines running from the external fuel pump to the engine bay. I have not decided the long-term future engine plans for this car, so I am trying set it up now for it to be able to handle any future upgrades. I'll be going to an L28ET this year, and I think I will eventually upgrade to either a 1JZ-GTE or a V8 (sorry for the vagueness but I imagine it will be a LS-series Chevy). I doubt any of these will ever see more than 400 hp, as I don't think I'll even need that much to put a grin on my face. My dilemma is, what size pipe do I need to use?

Many of the L28ET guys use a 3/8" feed and 5/16" return line, but I haven't been able to definitively determine that this will work with either of my future projects. Would there be any drawback to a 3/8" return? Any input on your setups and fuel pipe sizing would be phenomenal. Thanks!!

thanks for the quick replies and good info guys!

I'm using an ATL fuel cell with AN lines to the pump, but wanted to get these hard line sizes figured out before I finished the AN hose in the rear. I figure since I'm refreshing the whole system, I might as well just replace the metal hard lines at the same time; not gonna cost a whole lot in the grand scheme of things...