HybridZ

Turbo Question

Ok so I find this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Garrett-Internal-Wastegate-valve-Turbocharger-Turbo_W0QQitemZ180299078392QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_Vehicle_Parts?hash=item29faa99af8&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116and the back side of my Turbo looks like this > PIC-0014.jpg

My question is will this make my turbo have a internal waste gate? also another question I have is where do I find the Intake ports for this turbo all I have is flanges PIC-0013.jpg

Also under the Dizzy do I need the plastic protector that goes between the rotor and the CAS?

My question is will this make my turbo have a internal waste gate?

Umm...yeah, if you buy that internal wastegate housing from your ebay link, and install it on your turbo, you'll have an internally wastegated turbo. :confused:

also another question I have is where do I find the Intake ports for this turbo all I have is flanges PIC-0013.jpg

The intake port is right there on the left hand side of the compressor (the inducer)

Also under the Dizzy do I need the plastic protector that goes between the rotor and the CAS?

Maybe I don't remember right, but isn't it a metal plate?

Hi Travb2007, I probably sounded like an a$$hole in my first post. I apologize for that (especially since you are a new member).

For your first question: You have some options

1) Go with the internal wastegate (then you'll also need a wastegate actuator, that isn't shown in your pic)

2) Go with a blockoff plate that only has a 3" vband flange. This will block off the wastegate hole, and you'll have to custom mount an external wastegate to your exhaust manifold.

3) Go with a "blockoff plate" that has holes for both the exhaust and wastegate ports. You'll still need an external wastegate, but you can run it as a "divorced" wastegate setup like jgkurz designed and built.

Second question:

I see that turbo has flanges "built in" and you cannot simply clamp a coupler to it (I think this is what you had in mind). For the "stock" install, there had to be the "other half" flanges as part of the IC tubing. You are going to either have to find those pieces, and cut off the flange with a bit of tubing to clamp on to or else make some custom flanges that have a short piece of tubing to clamp onto. Or, you can weld flanges directly to your IC tubing, but you'll lose some "play" that you have using silicone couplers.

Hope this helped...

My question is will this make my turbo have a internal waste gate? also another question I have is where do I find the Intake ports for this turbo all I have is flanges PIC-0013.jpg

That pic looks like a t25/28. Is that what you're using on your Z?

Yeah, I would say hunt one down.

Now that I think about it, if you don't have a metal cover, every time the rotor passes a spark to the six contacts in distributor cap, there is an arc. That arc will give off electro-magnetic waves. This could interfere with the electronics for the optical sensor if there is not something (the cover) to shield it. *Disclaimer* I could be totally wrong though. :)

You could always try it without one, and see if it works or not.