HybridZ

Ls1+ nos wet kit...

in a 1/4 mile calculator(which i'm sure is not that accurate) a car with approx 450whp(mild ls1 on spray) witch weighs 2500lbs would run a 10.3. i'd assume this would be with slicks and good driver.

And that kind of power can easily be made without the juice, HAH Single digits for sure with it.

i did buy a dry nos 100 hp system for my ls1 but havent fitted it as motor is tuned mafless and been told id have to tune it with maf to run dry nos

looking at selling dry system and buying a wet one as looks easier to fit was looking at the 75 hp wet kit well priced here

mick

Guest Gr8White
And that kind of power can easily be made without the juice, HAH Single digits for sure with it.

Assuming the car hooks hard...In my experiences, just slapping on 150 rwhp doesn't always equate to a significantly lower ET. You pretty much have to set the car up again to get the gains the extra HP offers. I'm not saying that this isn't what would be done in this case, but you often see the expectations surpass the results at the strip(ET wise), especially when a big (150+) kit is bolted up and no other changes are planned at the time. I've seen the same car have better results with a 75 shot than a 150 shot, it's all relative to the preparations made to get the power to the ground.

Different ball game from a roll!

on motor alone my z makes 321rwhp and i was wanting to run a 150 wetshot to the wheels...totaling 470rwhp. reason is this young kids is talking alot of smack about his Z with and LS1/NOS wanting to run me for some money(grude match)... at this time my Z is stock and he wanted to run me heads up....my stock ls1 vs. his ls1/nos. so this is pushing me to install a wet kit and give him the race. his zcar was tuned by a shop in fresno and i found out by friend that it made 450rwhp....

Guest Gr8White
on motor alone my z makes 321rwhp and i was wanting to run a 150 wetshot to the wheels...totaling 470rwhp. reason is this young kids is talking alot of smack about his Z with and LS1/NOS wanting to run me for some money(grude match)... at this time my Z is stock and he wanted to run me heads up....my stock ls1 vs. his ls1/nos. so this is pushing me to install a wet kit and give him the race. his zcar was tuned by a shop in fresno and i found out by friend that it made 450rwhp....

LOL, better be careful with those wanting to run for money...Also, how reputable is this friend? The reason I say this is that I have burned others doing what you are doing now (gathering info).... The shop tuning my car didn't like the jerkoff wanting to race me for money, so we played a little game, knowing that he would get all the information he could before calling me out....I let it slip out through a "friend" (loose term) what shop tuned my ride and sure enough, he took the bait and went to fill his bottle there, everyone at the shop knowing his real intent for being there (he had never filled his bottle there before). They fed him some bogus ET info and a low RWHP number, he was chomping at the bit to run after this. After getting smoked he accused me of upping the shot (irrelevant anyway), so I pulled the 62 jet out (150 dry shot) and he left scratching his head, figuring he had a dyno queen that wouldn't run.

Buyer beware!

Assuming the car hooks hard...In my experiences, just slapping on 150 rwhp doesn't always equate to a significantly lower ET.

I could not agree with you more!!! But in a perfect world, I'de say it would have the power to push it into single digits. In most cases though, it probably would not happen.

I've had friends that raced the fella you're reffering to, its a white z, lt1 on spray, some cocky hmong guy, he raced a buddy of mine w/ a turbo gsr and barely won by a fender. I'd say just get some good street slicks, and give him a try. doubt you'd be going full blown slicks, but then again, who knows. I've followed a few of your posts and gotta say thats a nice car, cant wait to get mine done so we can do some friendly comparisons. I'm in fresno also btw.

I've had friends that raced the fella you're reffering to, its a white z, lt1 on spray, some cocky hmong guy, he raced a buddy of mine w/ a turbo gsr and barely won by a fender. I'd say just get some good street slicks, and give him a try. doubt you'd be going full blown slicks, but then again, who knows. I've followed a few of your posts and gotta say thats a nice car, cant wait to get mine done so we can do some friendly comparisons. I'm in fresno also btw.

cool....you got any rwhp from this cocky fella??? can he drive??? does he have traction???

and what are you trying to do to your Z/ or car, that you want some friendly race with me.

cool....you got any rwhp from this cocky fella??? can he drive??? does he have traction???

and what are you trying to do to your Z/ or car, that you want some friendly race with me.

well I currently have a sr20det powered s13 [240sx] but I'm trying to get it swapped into a 75 Z, I didn't really want to race you but I had thought of the ls1 swap also, but since I do have parts for my sr20 already id thought id be just as logical to stick with my current motor. my friend raced him w/ his old turbo setup [honda] so if he had trouble beating a FF car then I'd think you'd have a good chance. ls1>lt1 even with his spray I think its really a battle of traction which I think his car does poorly in. If this does happen to go down I wouldn't mind watching. Hopefully I'll have my Z car by then. lol. I'd definately suggest you change your rim/tire combo if you plan on running anyone. also are you running any type of lsd?

well I currently have a sr20det powered s13 [240sx] but I'm trying to get it swapped into a 75 Z, I didn't really want to race you but I had thought of the ls1 swap also, but since I do have parts for my sr20 already id thought id be just as logical to stick with my current motor. my friend raced him w/ his old turbo setup [honda] so if he had trouble beating a FF car then I'd think you'd have a good chance. ls1>lt1 even with his spray I think its really a battle of traction which I think his car does poorly in. If this does happen to go down I wouldn't mind watching. Hopefully I'll have my Z car by then. lol. I'd definately suggest you change your rim/tire combo if you plan on running anyone. also are you running any type of lsd?

R200 VLSD, bushing kit, camber kit, ZXT CV axles, disc brake upgrade, AZC coilovers.

i think i may have advantage on his Z on hooking up if i run some sticky tires., my 2 cent.

and my z was dynoed at fresno performance when they had a special 5-6 months ago.

it was $50 for 3 pulls, stock tune made 321 rwhp, nate could of gotton 15-20 rwhp if he cleaned up the tune, but i didn't want to tune it until some mods to the z are finish.

If set up properly an FF car can hook trust me.

If you are looking to add a 150 shot to be comparable, tell him to race you off the gas. You will certainly see how confident he is then. Is it a stock LT1 or a built LT1? I have a buddy with 400rwhp C5 vette that just loses every time by about a car to his buddy with a 383 LT1. Don't assume that just because it is an LT1 that he doesn't have it where it counts. Just my 2 cents.