HybridZ

Fuel pump on 1975 280z adequate for SR20det?

About to fire up my SR20DET once my last silicone intercooler connector gets here. And i was wondering, do you guys think the fuel pump on the 280z is enough to fun a SR20det at stock boost? I mean, the motor is quite a bit smaller than the stock L28 that came in this thing - so it should be fine right? Just as long as it turns on - haha.

I do not think the stock one will cut it, I could be wrong though. When i did my swap i had to upgrade the pump.

did you have to replace it before you drove it? or did you drive it for a while then replace it? I am dying to get this thing out of the garage on its own power! if only for 5 min. but i dont want to do damage, so if i HAVE to wait - I will.

It's not the displacement of the motor that is important, it's the horsepower you expect to make with it. If you expect a big jump in horsepower with your swap, then you need to use a bigger pump and maybe even larger fuel lines. And yes, you can indeed do damage, if you run a turbo motor lean even briefly it can detonate.