HybridZ

Ooh, Ooh, Got A New Toy

Scottie-GNZ

Just looked in my TigerDirect catelog and they have some pentium 166MMX notebooks for cheap...$499 with extras... Not the deal Jim got but close to my pain level... I might have to go to my local Walmart and complain and get the deal Jim got...

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/dat74z/myhomepage/auto.html

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

quote:

Originally posted by Mikelly:

Just looked in my TigerDirect catelog and they have some pentium 166MMX notebooks for cheap...$499 with extras... Not the deal Jim got but close to my pain level... I might have to go to my local Walmart and complain and get the deal Jim got...

Check out this forum for leads on laptops and other deals on computer/consumer electronics stuff. Keep your BS detector on though.

http://forums.anandtech.com/categories.cfm?catid=40

Well, if anyone gets REAL desperate... I've got an NEC 286 smile.gif with a whopping 1MEG of RAM! B&W LCD screen and it must be run from the lighter as the battery is toast. Uses standard MFM drives too. Hell, I'm not even sure it will even power up anymore (lol). It has a built in 1200 baud modem or maybe even a 2400 (snicker). This is EXACTLY what I used on my old DFI. My new laptop is light years ahead of that one and I'm SO happy I finally found a deal I could live with. We do have an older IBM here too but it's a work computer with a whopping 386 in it. Works though so I can't bitch too much about it...