HybridZ

My dad ans I are looking to make 800 HP out of a LS1 with the auto tranny. We have been told that theres no way in hell. Does anyone know of a rebuild shop that does performance builds that can make this tranny handle that kind of power?

Usually the max I see touted is 600 flywheel or ~500RWHP...800 sounds like a stretch but maybe on these light weight cars it will hold :confused:. My built 4L60E is holding 500whp on my daily 3800# Blazer with drag radials...no problems for the past two years but I havent been squeezing as much as I used to now that I have my Datsun :rockon:.

Doc is right...4L80E is better choice, however, TCI is advertising the "6-X" six speed automatic transmission rated as being capable of handling 850 hp (based on the 4L80E). Package includes trans, converter, control unit, paddle shifter, complete wiring harness, trans cooler and dipstick. I haven't seen prices, however, I suspect a wheelbarrow of shekals will be in order. :o) http://www.tciauto.com Looked at the web site...price for the package is $6,064.35...a bargain if that is what you need for your hotrod...

Wayne

Doc is right...4L80E is better choice, however, TCI is advertising the "6-X" six speed automatic transmission rated as being capable of handling 850 hp (based on the 4L80E). Package includes trans, converter, control unit, paddle shifter, complete wiring harness, trans cooler and dipstick. I haven't seen prices, however, I suspect a wheelbarrow of shekals will be in order. :o) www.tciauto.com Looked at the web site...price for the package is $6,064.35...a bargain if that is what you need for your hotrod...

Wayne

really great info...thanks Wayne!

I had a 4L80E in my 71 240Z...the only thing I had to do was make room near the left bottom of the tunnel for the electronic plug that goes to the controller. pretty easy stuff...I use the JTR setup. Am using a TH 400 at the moment, same size casing and I actually have a full trans shield on it...still have room.

Wayne

• Like 1