HybridZ

I need help wiring stock ECU (L28ET). ECU won't power up.

ridin_Z_alb

I own a 77 and i am currently trying to wire up my l28et wiring harness from the 82 donor. I've looked at the swap threads, and i just can't figure it out.

So here's the problem, I'm trying to use the stock efi to dash harness plug that my old efi originally used because of convince. After i had everything hooked up as the swap thread states i turned the ignition key and nothing. I've look at the ecu and the little green light isn't on or blinking.

I went back and checked all my wiring to two different threads and a webpage about the swap (not youdamnfool) and now I'm more lost than ever.

I've done everything according to the way it is specified (b/w coming of ignitor to 12+, black to ground, etc.)

one thing i did not hook up was the fuel pump because i have it ran straight from the battery through a kill switch, could that be my problem?

I think I might just not be getting any power does anyone what i should be looking for?

Hello, It sounds like you have the supply for the computer hooked to a line which goes off whilst the engine is cranking.

take a line from your battery + and connect it to the supply wire on the

computer. If you have the big plug at the end of your harness, about 9 pins in a square arrangement, I think it is the big white wire. check it out.

You can make a quick connect by hooking up to the high side of the coil, that will go back and power the computer too. Should run.

The wire to your distributor will be blue (with a black return).

Turn on the key and listen for the pump running. you should be able to hear it quite easily.

Make sure your Throttle position sensor is plugged in properly and of course your inlet flapper too.

There is little that will stop it from starting if you supply the power right.

Good Luck.