HybridZ

s12 questions

BlueZ31

i know this is a Z-oriented forum (and theres one for s12s) i just have always had better luck geting my questions answered here. I just added a 88 s12 200sx SE to my Nissan family (95k miles all original, interior looks like hell from desert sun plus a few dents here and there) but overall its fun to drive but im looking to start upgrading the bone stock vg30e as i have done in my 87 zx, does anyone here have advice on v6 200sx's? ive heard the headers from our Z's wont fit without extensive mods but the shortys from the fwd maxima would work but i cant verify this to be true.

im just looking for a good point to start from as far as performance goes (which i know there isnt much as far as NA is concerned for vg0e's but id like to uncork the motor as much as possible to make the daily commute a little more interesting)

To be honest your not going to see much power gains from simple bolt ons on a NA VG30E, maybe 10-20WHP at most. Your best bet is investing in Nistune (http://www.nistune.com) and learning how to tune the ECU your self, adjust the timing and Air/Fuels etc. and you could likely see "decent" power gains. Obviously porting the heads and upper/lower intake plenums combined with a new set of cams will provide "decent" power gains as well...

Search for Russ84NA on http://www.z31performance.com, he has one of the most powerful NA VG30Es I know of.

I dont know if you want info about turboing it. but any way, you have to mount the turbo else where compared to a z31 because of the steering column I have heard. other than nistune or a turbo ecu, turboing it, with bigger injectors I wouldnt even try to get more hp out of it. VG's love boost.

Your no where near charlotte, nc are you? Id love to see your car. I still want a v6 s12. everytime I have spare money they are no where to be found.