HybridZ

dim batt light

BlueZ31

my cars having a bit of trouble, the battery light on the dash is just dimly lit (barely visible) but it has a noticble, slight misfire and stumble at idle, the entire motor is bone stock all i can see out of the ordinary is a red aftermarket power wire connecting from the white wire on the alternator to the + side of the battery that i dont remember having on my z (this is a s12 se v6 im working on) and a bosch 0 332 014 150 relay thats not getting power ( i think its a hazard relay idk) it drives fine im just stuck on why the batt light it still on considering its got a new battery,alternator and belt perfectly tensioned, new plugs cap and rotor (are iridiums innapropriate on a vg30e? they came installed from previous owner) i dont know what could be causing the missfire im experiencing. should there even be a wire from the alt's white wire to the battery? it was literaly just wrapped around it and connected to the battery by the prevoius owner for some reason or another.

Hmm, That wire could be for an aftermarket alarm. I've seen some wiring like that. you could disconnect it and see if your Batt light stays on. If it does, then it's not that, and you might reconnect it. Separately, check all your ground connections. If you're getting stumbling, that could do it. but it's most likely a vaccuum leak somewhere.

Phar

voltage is normal, it could be a vac leak but i dont hear any noise that would give it away all the connections on the engine itself look perfect it just stumbles/hesitates to start as if its not getting enough power and today the battery is drained i think theres a short somewhere or that red wire is draining the battery im gonna look into it more, thx 4 the advice though