HybridZ

HEI Problems

Given: recent install of SBC in a 240Z, MSD HEI distirbutor, using B/W wire with heavey black sleeve to power the HEI. All was working until today.

I have been resolving over heating problems and would set the timing and lock down the distributor. The engine idled in the driveway at 180 deg, but as soon as I drove about a mile it would overheat and start dying at idle and eventually become impossible to start. After several episodes of this I noticed that each time the distributor was coming loose and would retard the spark. I think that this is what was causing the overheating. I put a lockwasher on the distributor hold down bolt and wrenched it tight, but it came loose again and ther car became impossible to start and was over heated.

Now I have a new problem. The B/W ignition wire w/the big black sleeve has no power. All fuses are good. If I connect another source of B+ to the HEI Batt terminal I get no spark at all.

1. Did my MSD HEI die? Even with B+ to it it doesn't work.

2. Any ideas as to the loss of power on the B/W wire? Is there a hidden fuse?

Thanks

Miles