HybridZ

running issue

dark91zc

And some will disagree, but the facts come down to the right way to do something and the "back yard" way to do things. Sometimes the back yard way works... Like I said I too am guilty of doing it that way, BUT the risk of damaging the unit is there. ESPECIALLY if you are running it open in your engine bay. Engine grim and grease floating around in there. Meer dust on the carbon trace WILL affect the resistance reading going to the computer and if it gets ground into that carbon trail it will wear it out faster. The unit is pretty durable and can function with the cover off, but YOU run the risk of damaging a very expensive component! That is the point. If you disagree thats your right, but as for this post Ive already pointed out the Vaine Air Flow Meter is most likely not a problem as it worked and was not changed and now there is a problem.

Everyone is very quick just to start blaming parts rather than find the issue. His 25+ year old AFM could be in perfect working order and still sealed. Not just this post.

Take a quick moment to think about the initial questions asked by the Author in this thread and tell me he needs to be messing with his AFM. Then read down to what others had posted. There was a reason why I posted what I posted. The author was being led in the wrong direction from the get go and I thought I gave enough information to set that straight. If you feel its ok to expose your AFM to the world go for it, but dont tell others that there is NO risk.

Ok, I do see your point, and you were helping someone within the context of his apperent knowlage level.

Point taken.

JUST KINDA hate that piece of junk, and I need standalone to get away from it and upgrades in the future, so I was bais.;)

Ray, to each his own, but most of the forum members on here are tweaking and adjusting (at the risk of ruining things). I never said there was no risk. I posted the link to provide specific details. Most on here don't appreciate things being dumbed down for them; but rather want the whole story. And as an aside, I have run across cars that had the specific issues he posted and it turned out to be the AFM.