HybridZ

Who does V8 conversions in AZ?

Hi everyone, hope someone could help me out. I have a 1983 280zx that I am interested in having converted to a V8. I could do the work if I had the time, but being a small business owner I am literally working 100 hours a week. My Z has 245k miles on it and the engine is starting to give problems so I feel its a good time to do this... Any recommendations on who does a good job on something like this in the greater Phoenix area? I would prefer to have a ford V8 in it(as all of the other collector cars I have had were fords) but could live with a chevy conversion if neccesary. Any info would be helpful... Thanks!

Edited by johnnywaud
misspelling...

I don't know of anyone specific but I am sure it won't take more than a couple calls to custom shops in the phone book before you find someone. If you're not too attached to that particular car, I would say by far the easiest and cheapest way would be to buy one that has already had the swap done.

call jim williams at jims r motowerks. 602-309-4490. he is off of the I-10 and 40th street by the air port. he has worked on a ton of z cars, has 2 in his shop now, one an ols scca racer and another is a vela rosa kit. he has had other vela rosa kits, one made the cover of kit car mag. real nice guy. he loves to do that sort of thing.

jimbo

The car is my daily driver, but not so much lately. The timing rails wore out, and I did the front end of it, but the motor is definatly loosing its pep. I have some cash set aside to either buy a new car or fix this one, which I am leaning toward. I love cars of all sorts and am just tring to find the best option for me. I do have a van I use for my company business so I am not relian on my z. if I have to send it out for a bit...