HybridZ

Non-Z Daily Driver Overheating. Help.

My daily driver is a 96 Chrysler Concorde. I recently(within the last 2 weeks) replaced my water pump, thermostat, cooling fan, and relays for said fan. Now the problem I'm having is that the stupid car is still overheating, especially in stop and go traffic.

Does anybody have any ideas why this is happening and how I can stop it??

Thanks everyone.

Are you sure the fan is coming on? If so, the radiator could be plugged up

Honestly, no I'm not sure. I just put the fans in because the originals were broke. And because the fan is electric, I'm not too terribly sure that I'll hear it. I may try to flush the whole system this weekend.

I'm not too familiar with thaT model car but....

Are you sure there are no air pockets trapped in the system?

I can't say 100% that there are no air pockets, however I ran the car for 30 minutes with the heater on full blast and fthe filler cap off. I revved the car up a few times after that, when it stopped bubbling while revving, I figured I was good to go.

The problem seems to be worst in stop and go traffic, oh and worse than that, if I turn off the car for 15-20 minutes then turn it back on, it gets hotter.

Thanks guys.

If you turn on the A/C, at least one fan should come on.

If you disconnect the coolant temp sensor, all fans should come on with key on.

If you have access to a scan tool (not a code reader), then you can go to active test menu and command fans on.

If you don't get fan operation with commanding fans on, then check whether fan relay is receiving the negative to trigger it.

Another thing is that many chryslers command fan on only at a pretty significant temperature...........like about 230 degrees or so.........more than enough to boil water in a cooling system that doesn't build pressure.

If your system does not build pressure from a leak or you are running it with the cap open, you may well could see it boiling.