HybridZ

Carbon fiber air dam on ebay

KenshinX

I definitely would have considered this if they had it a couple years ago... Its not much more than MSAs urethane airdam.

Unless they have a 280z variation. I dont think this would work on your car with turn signal placements. But I guess you could modify anything to work. :)

I would like to add a few things since I have installed lots of body panels of all types on various customer's cars and installed some here and there on my own vehicles.

1. Carbon fiber drills just fine. You just have to be careful drilling through the skin so it doesn't crack. Use tape (as a previous poster mentioned) since carbon is slick and your bit will shift easily. Start with a pilot.

2. Carbon is brittle compared to urethane. A good hit and it's gone. You can repair it like you can fiberglass, but you won't have a pretty, shiny surface. Some ppl use carbon for the lightness and you can repair and repaint it just fine. You have to watch this when selecting parts for a 'dorifto' car or anything that sits very low. S30's have a substantial overhang, but most guys haven't sectioned struts and whatnot to get it extremely low.

3. Urethane can sag if it's cheap or if it's an overly complicated part. The typical front bumpers for an S30 are not going to sag with a single from brace. This brace will help with airflow anyways, so it's somewhat of a given. I can stand on the front of my Xenon late style urethane bumper with it's brace. (I don't recommend you try it, though)

4. Beware cheap parts; you get what you pay for and you pay more to make it fit. This is particularly true with rigid parts like glass/carbon.

• 2 weeks later...