HybridZ

Interior Panels

suzook86

Does anyone know or have experiece with installing 280z panels in a 240z? I've used the search but can't find a specific answer. My problem is I have no panels from the 1/4 window aft. 280z panels seem to be more pentiful and from what I'm told are of thicker material. The panels appear to have the same contours as the 240, don't know about fit/texture.

• 1 month later...

i am currently using 280z panels around my 1/4 panel windows the only problem is that above the rear strut the panels are a little higher therefore reveal a little of the metal not too bad though and they are definitely thicker and more durable

suzook86-

For what it's worth, I installed 280Z door panels on my 260Z. I'm guessing that you would have similar experience as I did.

Mine is a late '74 model, so I was hoping that the panels would pop right on. No such luck -- I had to relocate the door locks (further forward on the panel) and cut new window crank holes in the panels. I also had to drill a couple new holes in the door to match up with the plastic attachment rivets on the new door panels. Fortunately, it was no big deal.....a little cutting and grinding on the door's sheetmetal to move the door lock post forward and a little matching material to patch the old window crank holes was all it took. It was an afternoon's work, and the final result looks and works great!

Good luck and happy motoring!

jhm

15316_thumb.attach