HybridZ

My RB25 280z Started!

jakeoster

My ECU finally came in the mail today after a long week of waiting. Ill get more up later, hopefully a vid of her running. Started right up after I forgot that I had taken out one of the spark plugs so I could get the part number for a new set and forgot to put it back in haha. Its too dark out right now to troubleshoot so I dont want to take any chances, just started it for a ten seconds or so. But I got her to start:razz:

sounds nice.....wish my car was all done =(

How does the tip look on your car? Does it seem too big? I was going to get the same HKS muffler but took a second thought as the tip was too big for my style. None the less, the car does sounds nice..Wish my car made a sound when I step on the gas pedal besides me going "Vroom...Vroooom...VROOOOOOOOM..PSSSHHHH" lol

I like the look of the muffler personally, however right now its not really proportional to the car if you get what I mean haha. Itll look a lot sleeker when I get a 240z rear bumper and some off set wheels with ZG flares, the rear tires are tiny right now, looks funky. No sense in buying big ol' expensive tires when Im planning on getting some off sets soon though. My philosophy is get it running then work out the details. Ive been working on it for almost exactly a year at this point, was strapped for cash for a while so it took a bit longer then it should have. All my friends and neighbors went "ohhhhhhh" when they heard it running and saw it in action for the first time. I dont know if you guys experienced this but everyone outside of Hybridz thought I was just wasting my time building this thing, now they understand:mrgreen:

Kinda how I felt when I busted out the 87 Turbo and everyone was like "hey man, i want a ride!" even though it's not as rare as an S30 by any means.

From "you're never gonna finish this thing man, get a real car" to "This isn't an 87 man, are you sure?" and then "GIMME A RIDE MAN".

all of which I scolded them for.