HybridZ

1971 240 new to me!!!

nohalo2003

Well I'm re-entering the Z world, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for this engine setup. f54 flat top and e88. I've heard about the higher compression. I'm running the su carbs and stock ignition (which I will replace the later). I'm looking to make this my little toy w/ some autocross time. So any recommendations or experiences (ie cams, ignitions, fuel system, head work). I guess the list can go on. skys is the limit until we talk about cost right?

Congrats! Welcome to the Z world...I too have a 71. IM sure you will love it!

I suggest you start browsing the subforums and check ou members rides. After a while you will build a vision of your perfect Z.... then go back and use that nasty Search function to learn all about the details.

Then come back and ask the same question.

Its way to early right now pick a path so drive the car , get to know it , have fun and then decide.

Now ......:worthless:...come on, lets see it!!

c'mon it's far from being in pics, but I'll get some soon. So quick backround. I picked up the car last week with no brake lights and blinkers working, no heater/cooling fan and some door alignment issues. All this oh yeah and some intake/exhaust manifold bolts missing(I'll fix the bolts tomorrow). Hopefully I luck out and the engine stiops missing at idle. I've got a close ratio 280zx tranny (waiting on my centerforce clutch to come in). And I just got off the phone with a guy who has a 3.90 r200 diff for me to pick up tomorrow. So I have to ask what now. I've got the cancer to deal with. And of course I'm gonna take a look at the brakes. The question is THE ENGINE, what to do with it. Someone out there please help. By the way, it feels like a beast when I get on it. I had a 73 240 w/l28 and I think a N42. I don't remember it pulling this hard. Thoughts?