HybridZ

Brake lights WON'T turn on

So I've been rewiring my car because a previous owner started hacking it up real bad, so I've just been removing all that I don't need or want. I'm basically hacking it all back to what's absolutely necessary.

Somewhere in the midst of it all I guess I unplugged/removed something in the brake system I shouldn't have, because I've lost my brake lights (tail lights turn on when headlights are turned on).

What's really strange is that I don't see a reason for this. I've jumped the wires at the brake switch to see if maybe the switch was bad, but I'm still getting nothing.

The wires at the switch are BY, and I believe they go to the upper blue plug at the mass of connectors on the passenger side (only two BY cables traveling together, there's only one other BY wire). I pulled the connection box off to see what color they are on the other side, they're still BY. I then noticed two lovely paired BY wires going into the fuse box. I haven't pulled the fuse box yet but I went to the back of the car and there's a single BY wire that goes to each tail light...

Am I having a power supple issue and not a switch issue? What's absolutely needed for the brake light circuit to close?

I'd previously removed the warning lamp along with the hazard switch and pretty much anything in the center console, so that's not the issue because my brake lights worked fine after that.

So I've been rewiring my car because a previous owner started hacking it up real bad, so I've just been removing all that I don't need or want. I'm basically hacking it all back to what's absolutely necessary.

Somewhere in the midst of it all I guess I unplugged/removed something in the brake system I shouldn't have, because I've lost my brake lights (tail lights turn on when headlights are turned on).

What's really strange is that I don't see a reason for this. I've jumped the wires at the brake switch to see if maybe the switch was bad, but I'm still getting nothing.

The wires at the switch are BY, and I believe they go to the upper blue plug at the mass of connectors on the passenger side (only two BY cables traveling together, there's only one other BY wire). I pulled the connection box off to see what color they are on the other side, they're still BY. I then noticed two lovely paired BY wires going into the fuse box. I haven't pulled the fuse box yet but I went to the back of the car and there's a single BY wire that goes to each tail light...

Am I having a power supple issue and not a switch issue? What's absolutely needed for the brake light circuit to close?

I'd previously removed the warning lamp along with the hazard switch and pretty much anything in the center console, so that's not the issue because my brake lights worked fine after that.

The wire going to the switch should be hot. When the pedal is depressed the switch connects the two wires and supplies your brake bulbs with power. Check your fuse and your connections behind the fuse box.

If you don't have any luck there you can always steal power from another constant source.

Good luck.