HybridZ

Radiator swap for L24?

I really dont wanna go buy a 500$ brand new radiator. The one i had in needs new tanks and a core. The problem is no local shops have the tanks for it. If anyone has put a rad in from another vehicle and its a near fit, i would love to hear about this! thanks all

I've got 3 three core rads here. I also picked up a clean as a whistle 'like new' '81 280ZX rad for $40 at the PNP this weekend. Too bad I'm on the east coast and your out on the left coast. Shipping would be a b****h. You shouldn't have a problem finding a good used unit out there in BC or the northwest US.

Hi, I was able to run a 280z radiator in my early 260z. All I had to do was buy a lower 280z hose. The radiator is longer and will hang out the bottom by about 3 inches but it will cool better than stock radiator.

Iv run a 240, 260, 280, and 280zx rad in my 240. The ZX one needs a little modification of your mounting holes,

but other than that they work fine.

I also trimmed some metal off the straps to push it flush against the support just to be safe