HybridZ

FPR or damper?

82 ZX. The guy had the injectors replaced due to leaky seals/hose. Car won't start now. Got good spark and fuel. When I pull the fuel line to relieve pressure on the system, and then reattach, the car will kick off and run for about a second and then die. Repeated the process several times. My thoughts are that it's the FPR on the top of the intake. The damper on the rear by the pump only dampens the fuel pulsations from the pump. Yes?

What do you guys think?

FPR is not the culprit - unless I got a bad one. Got a gauge on it. Reading 38psi on the hose leading in to the fuel rail. No reading (meaning 0 psi) on the return line. Got the same reading with the old FPR. I DO have a pressure gauge on my DD, and it reads about 22psi while running. Not sure where I should have been taking readings from though. Please advise!

Popped the cover off the AFM and was able to hold the flap "lean" and got the car to stumble/run for about 5 seconds. I forgot my spark plug socket, so I couldn't look at the plugs. I'm suspecting the injectors. They were replaced by Meineke - not exactly the first place I'd take a ZX to have injectors replaced. I can't find a part # on the injectors themselves. They "look" to be factory fit, but they could be a different flow rating altogether I guess. The injector hoses say "Germany" on them - leading me to believe they are Sorensen injectors, but they could be the wrong rate. I pulled the plug to the aux air valve and to the cold start valve with the same effect. The car wants to run, but just can't get up over the hump.

I checked the AFM boots - they're hard as a rock, but don't appear to have any cracks in them. The valve cover breather hose has a small crack in it, but probably only enough to cause a very small vacuum leak at best - hardly enough to keep the car from running.

Where would YOU guys look next?