Relay board

what I have done

checked and double checked all connections, they are right

getting 1.54 volts to the trigger sensor

the coils fire when I run the audio stimulator from my laptop

the pip and saw are going to there correct terminals

I have switched the wires on the sensor

When using the stimulator still no rpm showing

I believe that the problem is in the software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it is driving me nuts.

Michez

the only thing that I have found from double checking everything is that the 25uf is not on my coil power.

also reading in the manual it says not to install d1 but to put a jumper in, on my board d1 is there and also d2. I don't know if this matters.

Michez

the only thing that I have found from double checking everything is that the 25uf is not on my coil power.

also reading in the manual it says not to install d1 but to put a jumper in, on my board d1 is there and also d2. I don't know if this matters.

Michez

I know when I moved my MS from coil trigger (using original distributor) to EDIS, I have to modify my board from 50b to 50a.

Point 50a 5 and 50a 6 (of the instructions) asks for the diode to be shorted, what you could do is check to see if C12 is empty, if its installed, thats what 50b requires. 50a does not have C12 installed.

Nigel

This is how I have everything set up if anyone can read this and trouble shoot you are a god!!!!!

Ms2 v3.57

jp1 set to 1 and 2

j1 set to 3 and 4

saw from pin 3 on edis to s5 terminal on the relay board

pip from pin 1 on edis to tach on relay board

edis module to dodge coil pack set up as ( r) -- +- (l) when holding the coil pack facing you from the proper pins on the edis module,

I jumpered d1 and d2 to themselvs

I removed c12 from the megasquirt as it says in the manual

I don't get any rpm signal to the megasquirt with the stimulator attached, but i get spark to all plugs.

I have set megatune according to the manual

I have constant 12 volts to the edis, and megasquirt in the accy position and when cranking.

Bolth the pip and saw are shielded, attached to the edis I believe pin7, wraped in aluminum tape and then put into plastic wire covering.

every time I do "anything" I crank it over, switch the VR wires check voltages on pai and saw, and run the VR stim. always the same result.

I have read an done Cygnusx1's write up for this problem and did what he said a few times with the same result

I keep reading and reading, as far as I can tell it is all set up properly but no rpm signal to the megasquirt any ideas welcome.

Michez

• 2 months later...