HybridZ

Having Trouble Identifying Engine

240zBoy

I recently just bought a 72' 240z off a guy who did not really kow much about the engine or what tranny was even it it. My head is an E-88 as that is easy to tell. Though when I search for my block number all i get is the number to the right of the engine mount on the other side that says b03 (atleast thats what I saw upside down using a mirror lol). The block is blue and has an aftermarket 280 starter also. Along with a 5 speed tranny. The guy use to race 240's and it is really making me wonder if maybe something a lil extra is in there. Some one help me out here lol.

Ok dang, lol got a little excited for a little bit. Being upside down must have messed me up a little. Thanks though that helps out a lot. So all in all I have an e-88 head matched to a p30 block with an unknown 5 speed tranny most likely a 280z's though. Nothing special I guess, but theres a reason I am always looking in the chevy v8 forum:flamedevi Though I do have a 5speed tranny already so maybe the l28 route would not be such a bad idea. Goal is to be able to run high 13's in 1/4 mile so I am pretty sure I could get a n/a l28 to that point with a little dough.

Yea I will most likely keep it L series though just not a stock setup, sorry if it sounded like I was offending your other two setups phleb but your motor sounds like a beast on youtube. Props. Anyways the goal is 200hp and anything above that is better. I know 200hp is a pretty challenging goal for a n/a L series but it is not impossible and with a couple months of hardwork and scavenging for the right parts I think I can get there. My car is in the members forum by the way but it is undergoing interior restoration at this point mainly right now.