HybridZ

clutch fork fully extended?

jasonrosco

its the 5 speed trans and clutch from a 280z .the clutch fork does not have a hole in it.and the slave is the same as the one ine the link barichardson directed me to.i was thinking maybe loosening the bellhousing bolts and wiggling the trans back and forth would unbind the bearing.or is it the slave or the clutch fork is adjustable?i really dont want to pull the tranny as ive done it 4 time w/o driving the car.kinda frustrated.the fork did move the bearing properly b 4 we installed the trans.

• 2 weeks later...

As I and many others have found the hardway, there are different clutch/throwout collar combos. At least three different collar heights found int 240, 280, and 280zx turbo depending on the clutch. There are at least 2 if not three different throwout forks. You need to use the parts for the clutch you have, and not the trans. If you changed the clutch, use the 5 speed parts, if you kept your early clutch, use the 4 speed parts.