HybridZ

Question about KBR or its companies

Magnum380Z

last summer i worked for lsi (subbed by kbr) in iraq.i worked on military trucks at al asad/b1.the reason we were a subcontractor to kbr is because kbr couldnt get the job done(as far as properly repairing the vehicles).i lived in kbr camp housing.basically it sucks-but if you have been unemployed for awhile its about the only game around if you want to get caught up on your old bills.lived in a tent for 4 monthes-but i hear thats a problem only at b1.most of the kbr employees seemed like they had easy jobs-the guys in construction basically just supervised tcn's(third country nationals).probelm with kbr is its such a big company they have too many rules about what you can and cant do-and they treat everybody like school kids.all the employess seemed to be pissed all of the time.example-when going thru bahgdad airport they marched us around in a line.kbr has a big overnight transit camp at camp liberty.its worse than any cheap hotel i have ever stayed at

-5 guys in bunks in a 20' sea container.if you want to get into military contracting its a good place to start-its like everything else.you have to pay your dues.after being there i found out all the other companies were paying double what i was making as far as mechanics go-itt,osh kosh truck,general dynamics,mantech.the military is getting rid of all the old hummers and changing over to mraps vehicles.navistar just got a contract for mraps maintenance.when i came home on my second r&r a friend hooked me up with a job at home-so i didnt go back after 8 monthes over there.i would have not got the job i have now with out the experience i got over there.try a website called danger jobs .com-i would work for kbr i i could work for somebody else.

Depends on the location, KBR in Qatar has nicer facilities than most of the other large contractors there, but I was there in a civilian capacity, not military related. Much of the military stuff is farming guys getting out of the military looking to do the same job for more money...and it is. Then again, I'm in the 'Supervising of TCN' end of things at this point. My time in Qatar was spent on the weekend getting invited over to the KBR compound for the big BBQ and pool they had!

Working for a couple of months at Dyncorp in Saudi back in the late 80's cured me of working for the benefit of foreign gubbmints military forces. I turned privateer bigtime after that little experience. Didn't go back for 20 years. "Never say Never"