HybridZ

Buying my first Z

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and this is actually my first post.

Tomorrow night I'll be off to buy my first Z.

It's going to be a 1979 280zx.

I'm quite excited.

It's only had one owner but it doesn't quite run.

We'll see what I can do.

Let's also start by saying that I am not the best when it comes to cars but it's a learning experience.

As soon as I can, I'll post some pictures!

Please do say Hi so I don't feel like a moron. :mrgreen:

Congrats!

If you want to learn alot about your car, in a way that will serve you well, you came to the right place.

We do encourage reading, this way you can ask direct questions and hence give direct answers! (hopefully;))

Good luck and welcome!

Welcome! :) I'd love to see some pictures! I recently purchased my first! She's the same as yours, '79 280ZX. This car is definitely my pride and joy. I also do not know much about cars, but I am learning as I go (and yes I have help!) This website has been a great help to me. Fill me in about your car, and progress! It'd be nice to know. There aren't too many individuals I know of that have the '79 280ZX.

hope you aren't paying alot for a zx that doesn't run. Since you are a self confessed not a great wrench you may have a driveway ornament for some time to come. zx fairly simple but still require some knowledge and thought to get one going. unless it is ultimately cheap I'd keep looking for one that runs unless that one is super inside and out appearance. If body interior are excellent then yes learn the mechanics. lots of knowledge on the web out there (here of course). check around see if you have a local z club usually plenty guys willing to give advice.

I picked up the car last night from the original owners.

In the end I only paid $200 for a clean titled 1979 280zx.

The interior is not the greatest but the body is straight for the most part.

The only damage on the car is a part on the driver side door. During a windstorm a few years ago a tree fell on the door. The damage is closer to the center so it could be worked on.

It's for sure going to be a learning experience!

Here are some pictures I took after cleaning it a little bit.

I'm not really going for the whole "show quality" pictures yet even though I am a photo major! That'll come later when she's a little more beautiful.

DSC_0117-1.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg