HybridZ

Its Official: I own another S30, except this time going LSx...

Although this is true, the LS1 intakes will cause you to lose power over the truck intake (but are cheap) and the LS6 intake don't improve anything until above 6000+ RPM and are still fetching $450+ (used) w/o fuel rails/injectors/etc.

An LS6 intake can easily be found for $275 to $325. Anyone asking $450 is nuts. Check out the classifieds on ls1tech.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An LS6 intake can easily be found for $275 to $325. Anyone asking $450 is nuts. Check out the classifieds on ls1tech.

Even if that were true (and I am not doubting it) I still refuse to pay that much for a part that will only NET maybe 20HP to the wheels on a motor that will rarely see above 6000 RPM. I'd much rather pay alittle more for a nitrous setup and NET at least 100HP to the wheels.

Just my 2 cents.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, here is the panel for the custom tail lights. The custom roll pan is next on the list to get fabbed, prob next week sometime.

PIC-0368_thumb.jpg

Even if that were true (and I am not doubting it) I still refuse to pay that much for a part that will only NET maybe 20HP to the wheels on a motor that will rarely see above 6000 RPM. I'd much rather pay alittle more for a nitrous setup and NET at least 100HP to the wheels.

Just my 2 cents.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, here is the panel for the custom tail lights. The custom roll pan is next on the list to get fabbed, prob next week sometime.

It will net you under the curve too. I am telling you from experience. If you are keeping the internals stock, then ya, you are probably right. If you ever want to put a decent size cam in it, that 300 bucks for an LS6 intake would be a pretty good idea.

Okay the motor and trans are in.

However I noticed when I got underneath it to install the starter that there is no way I am going to get to my trans coolant fittings on the trans (4L60e) without some serious relieving of the passenger side trans tunnel/firewall. The servo cover is also making slight contact with the trans tunnel too. Others have mentioned the trans pan hitting too, although I haven't noticed that happening (yet). I am using the JTR's crossmember and JCI's LSx mount kit.

The trouble is I don't wanna pull the motor and trans back out to do it.

Luckily I think I can use a buddy's stud welder (used for body work) and a slide hammer from the inside of the car (no carpet atm) to pull the corner away to allow enough room to get to the coolant fittings.

Anyone else have any ideas to get the area relieved without yanking the motor/trans back out?

Thanks!!

Alrightly, the '02 Camaro Z28 gas tank is installed. I already have a round piece of steel to cover the spare tire hole and I am going to cut out a square above the pickup and put it on a hinge so if the fuel pump ever dies I won't need to drop the whole tank to change it out.

tank mounts_thumb.jpg

I know you said you had a wiring harness all ready but what type is it? I am doing a similar build on a 240z with a turbocharged 5.3l, looks like i'll probably end up goIng with a painless harness but was wondering if there are any other options out there

I know you said you had a wiring harness all ready but what type is it? I am doing a similar build on a 240z with a turbocharged 5.3l, looks like i'll probably end up goIng with a painless harness but was wondering if there are any other options out there

I had my stock 5.3 harness modified by http://www.wait4meperformance.com . It cost me $350 for the stand-alone conversion and PCM re-tune with free re-tunes in the future incase you change cams, gears, etc, etc.

Oh and which headers are you planning on using?

My headers are the ceramic coated 1 5/8's custom Sanderson headers sold through JTR.

Started right up yesterday, 40 psi at idle, very responsive even with the larger cam.

I didn't like how the stock DBW pedal was going to work in the car so I cut off most of the DBW pedal, cut up the stock Datsun gas pedal, and welded everything back up. I also welded on a plate that allows me to bolt the DBW assembly to the firewall using the original 3 bolt holes that held the stock Datsun pedal to the firewall. Although the pics don't show it, I drilled the three holes using the stock plate as a template and it bolted right up, no problems, and looks stock unless you are on your back looking up the dash.

So, what do you guys think?

Gas Pedal1_thumb.jpg

Gas Pedal2_thumb.jpg

gimmie a call about the fuel filler neck

I got the filler neck taken care of on Saturday, but thanks anyway.

I tried calling/txt you on Sunday and Monday, no reply.

I could use some of your wire 'looming' skills to clean up my rats nest of wires in the engine bay though. Anytime you wanna come by, just let me know (ASAP). I am really trying to see if I can get it moving by Friday night so I can at least limp it over to Sonic, we'll see though.